Thursday, April 19, 2018

Hawthorne and Teaching

As I lifted the plastic octopus a small boy squinted and enunciated oc-to-pus. The kindergarten boy was learning the enunciation of sea animals. It had been a long day already and it wasn't even half over, poor kid. After settling back in with his classmates I was assigned three books "The Quack Song (I don't have a picture of ducks so I used a chicken picture I took earlier this year at the school)," "Princess Party", and "A Quiet Dog." Four different rotations of students came to my table. Including a mischevious little boy, for the point of this post we'll call him Wilbur. Wilbur was having so much fun at the para's table being a complete distraction by farting, talking obscenely and shouting whenever I even glanced at him. This added to the three recesses I monitored was quite a fiasco! Quite a day let me tell you!




After a nice sunny stroll home I began making a refreshing cup of iced joe and sprucing up my blog. But just when I thought all the stress of the day over, my phone buzzes. My SO's car is on fire and his pants were splashed with battery acid! Thankfully he didn't get hurt. But made sure I got a video of the whole incident. My goodness, gracious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment