Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Coffee Shop, Dinner Thoughts

 The hum of the espresso machine strummed out its sharp soothing lullaby. People gathered in front of this machine daily almost like a golden cow, a different concept I guess, but still. The soft drone of quiet voices echo their replies as the soft drone of background music fills the empty cracks of the shop. My favorites at coffee shops are Cortados but in a pinch, an Au Lait will suit. It's a nice refresher after teaching at the preschool.


Teaching is certainly not for the faint of heart! I love the little ones though, they're so sweet. Today's play agenda at recess largely consisted of making me very very tired. 


I was scrambling from swing to swing. My arms are so worn out! 


Hee hee, they also love climbing to the top of the jungle gym then crying for help because like a cat in a tree they've gotten stuck! 


Oh, Lawd let me tell you, I have figured out the heavier ones ;). But they all certainly fly high!... And I got in an extra arm workout :)


Center time today consisted of playdough and little rubber slippery gravel rocks. Quite a mess! They both wanted to be construction workers. Great boys!



When I got home I arrived at the dank smell of the canned salmon I thought I could remedy something eatable. OMG never again!! I did not buy the salmon, but improviser that I am, decided to take a crack at the canned salmon. TERRIBLE IDEA!!!!!


To make things worse, as I tried to throw it in my trash can, the mass dropped on my floor! Splashing salmon grease over my rug! Uggh Uggh. To make things worse the smell is haunting my house. 




On the bright side, I have kale! I know random, but quite delicious. I think it will go into a salad tonight for dinner. The day is rather grey though, so perhaps a kale soup might be more appropriate. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment