Friday, December 15, 2017

Fill 'er Up Pump and Coffee

I woke to the chirping of a bird tweeting in the lonely mass of grey clouds and the chilly tree branches. It was a grey and cold morning that held a solemnness that seemed to hold quite an air of sadness.

Followed shortly thereafter by triumph and relief. I had received a text from my friend telling me that he had accomplished the very long and arduous ruck he had been training for. What a relief that was to me to hear that he had made it back safely.

I had a delightful mug off French-press coffee this morning and a Wolfermann's English Muffin, quite a topical breakfast!

This morning I met with another of my dear friend over coffee. We had a jolly time conversing on what's going on in our lives and the triumphs and struggles we're dealing with. She is very empathetic and a wonderful person, good friends are like diamonds in the rough.

We went to a little coffee shop, Jitters, and had house coffee, haha writers fair ;).

I have been writing and freelancing quite a bit today. 

So, after all, it wasn't such a lonely day, but a quite happy one!



No comments:

Post a Comment