Monday, August 6, 2018

The press, depress, pre surgery worries

Hello all, I am very excited to let you know that I have begun writing for another newspaper. Hurrah! I am currently working on a piece regarding cochlear implants, which is soo fascinating! Did you know that people with cochlear implants don't hear through their ears like we do but hear through the electrodes that are passed to their brains through channels. There are 12 different channels of pitches so hearing tonal languages like Mandarin or Khmu. It's quite fascinating. I need to do an interview today for that article.

Amidst this excitement, I find myself enjoying my coffee, quiet mornings, and a happy completion of my final classes, hip hip hooray! After basking in my success for a day or two, I reflected on what to do next. Deciding on huge life choices is a big deal and nothing to shake a stick at. I have a lot of ideas the most realistic of them being to get a full time job. Which, coincidentally a day after the completion of my degree I was called for an interview for a FULL-TIME job. Crazy how Gods providence works sometimes.

So I find myself in something of a quagmire in my current situation. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, so to say. I am having a major foot surgery in December. Therefore, making it quite a struggle for me to continue my degree. Yes, you just heard that pin drop. However, I find myself more and more thriving against struggle. I'm one of those people who likes doing things others might think are impossible. Nothing extravagant, really I'm quite an old-fashioned quirky girl really when it comes down to it. I like reading, canning, and writing letters. I love writing letters! My dad says it part of my charm.

Wishful thinking wants to complete my bachelors degree and work part-time or full-time. The completion of my bachelors will completely be off my own paycheck so I need to have a stable job to fund it. My parents are kindly funding my surgery, which I'm very grateful for but which leaves me to figure out the education side.


Backing up a couple steps. About this degree completion; my goal with having a bachelors degree led me to pursue a search of online degree and certifications. My counsellor also urged me to look at the possibilities of taking an online class. This is a very good idea as far as I see it. In fact, I have found that I actually thrive in an online classroom. So now, the controversial "egg hunt", of finding which online college is right for me begins.

Arggh..
I need solutions. I just have to remember everything will be accomplished in God's timing and to trust in his way.

Aside from all this I have been quite busy running the proverbial library card "slots." I love reading and the more information I read the more intrigued I become. Currently, I'm reading a delightful little book called Refuse to Choose, by Barbara Sher. Quite a thought provoking book. I like books that challenge me to think outside the box and question the reasonings and direction of my life. It's a thought-provoking, soul searching book to say the least.

Well, I hope through this post I at least gave you a good book suggestion or encouraged you in some way. If nothing it brought a little clarity to my mind. I hope all of you are having a rollicking Monday and not falling asleep at your desks or wherever you might be reading this.

Always in words,

Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment