Monday, December 19, 2016

A Lost Sketch Worth your Time


Mollified beyond belief,

I reach for words.

To express my anger, confusion, wrought despair
Like a tiny gnat on a world map
Lost.
I write.
Sketch. Sketch. Sketch.

I sit, ink in hand
Scrolling letters
Lines, feathers, peacocks, and apples.
With my fine tipped brush.
With my lifted quill.
Sketch. Sketch. Sketch.

I think of life
And what it’s dealt me.
I think of distance, love, and struggle.
I write to compose my own justice.
I write to attain my own self-liberty.
Sketch. Sketch. Sketch.

Poetry, pastries, words, ink.
This is what I've accomplished so far.
What next?
I reach for a star
Plucked from the Heavens
I swear it seems that far.
To swing into the metropolis of cinema
Seems a far cry
A small dilemma
I cannot go there
I would struggle and lose hope.

Could inspiration and creation carry me that far?
A small dreamer.
I lift my quill and tuck it tightly into my pocket.
For another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment