Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Importance of Being Ernest

This small story came to be inspired by a recent play that I happened upon at our local Art Center, which might I add, is quite a topical theatre of sorts. So, there I was sitting watching "The Importance of Being Ernest." I thought to myself, why not create a parody? So, my ephemeral tale unfoils...

The stage was set and
the actors poised with their umbrellas and flower pots.
Prancing onto stage
they did
with their merry little British accents
and bright flowered clothes.
Two star-crossed lovers
Never to be
Due to the changing identities.
One in the country
Crackers and cheese
One in the city
Is hard to please.

A funny conundrum
Meant for the stage
Which is Earnest?
Ha, well, well both you see,
Trying to find love
Through double indemnity.


No comments:

Post a Comment